[Photo by CHUTTERSNAP on Unsplash]
Ready-Set-Go! Global DCA Launch Event (No Cost to Register)
110+ Global Contributors. 18 months. 5 Committees. 3 Surveys. ONE Global DCA.
To register for the WebEx event:
On Friday October 9th the Global Digital Asset & Cryptocurrency Association (G-DCA) is hosting our kickoff event at 10 A.M Central Standard Time (CST) to announce the official launch of the Association. This online event will feature a presentation on the SRO, panel discussions and speakers on related topics including U.S. Congressman Bill Foster. Congressman Foster is Co-Chair of the Congressional Blockchain Caucus and co-wrote a letter with representative French Hill requesting that Fed Chairman Jerome Powell begin work on a digital U.S. dollar.
We expect an international audience.
There will be a follow up roundtable on Thursday October 15th at 9 A.M. Central Standard Time that will be by invitation only. Institutions interested in becoming founding members should attend the virtual event.
More about the new association:
- Clean up the ‘Wild West’ of the spot crypto market by creating a suitable regulatory framework with enforcement mechanisms.
- Establish a uniform code of conduct and best practices to provide clarity, reduce legal and regulatory risk and uncertainty for market participants, and drive mainstream adoption.
- Advocate and provide thought leadership for a regulatory framework that strikes a healthy balance between facilitating innovation and protecting the public interest, and maximizes economic opportunity for all market participants.
- Educate and certify to build human and technical capacity and create an industry led by well-trained professionals and state-of-the-art technology.
To register for the WebEx event:
In October we celebrate the culmination of months of effort and global grassroots engagement with the formal launch of the Global Digital Asset and Cryptocurrency Association (Global DCA). Co-hosted by Stradley Ronon and the Digital Asset Working Group (DAWG), this event brings together distinguished speakers and guest panelists to share their perspectives on the evolution of the cryptocurrency and digital asset industry, the value of self-regulation, and the development journey of the Global DCA. Structured to include traditional presentations as well as fireside chats with industry thought leaders and experts, this event will offer an engaging opportunity to learn more about the Global DCA, its structure and intended impact in furthering market integrity, consumer protection, and technological and industry development.
Featured speakers will include:
- US Congressman & Co-Chair of the Congressional Blockchain Caucus Bill Foster (D-IL)
- Richard Sandor – Chairman of the Board and CEO of American Financial Exchange (AFX)
- Dennis Chookaszian – Corporate Director and Former Chairman and CEO of CNA Insurance
- Kristin Boggiano – Co-Founder and President of CrossTower
- Chris Hehmeyer – CEO at Hehmeyer
- Nicole Kalajian – Founder of the Digital Asset Working Group (DAWG) and Attorney Stradley Ronon
- Lanre Sarumi – CEO at Level Trading
- Matthew Lisle – General Counsel at Drawbridge Lending
- Gabriella Kusz -Director at the Global DCA
Here is a sample of some of the attendees we expect to be in attendance on October 9th.
- European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG)
- World Bank
- Center for Inclusive Growth
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- World Federation of Consuls
- Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority QFCRA
- Dubai Financial Services Authority DFSA
- Baker Tilly Malaysia
- Libra Association
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ecobank Ghana Limited
- ACPMIT Asia (Moore Stephens Advisory)
- EcoBank (Ghana)
- B20 / T20 – Future of Work – Cities – International Business & Policy (These are the G20 Think Tanks & Business Components)
View Global DCA FAQs (Google Doc)